GDPR - GENERAL DATA AND PROTECTION REGULATION
Intelichat is working to become GDPR compliant.
On May 25th, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect. These new regulations will harmonize data privacy laws across Europe and bring data protection rights for all members of the European Union.
At Intelichat we support the privacy rights of our customers and our customer's users. Under GDPR guidelines, we act as a Data Processor. Listed below is how we are working to be compliant with the GDPR specification.
- DPAs available for signatures [Ongoing]
- Right of access [Completed]
- Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten") [Completed]
- Right to opt-out of marketing communications [Completed]
- Sub-processors [Completed]
We have a dedicated privacy team that can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or want to report an issue regarding our work to become compliant.
Data Protection Agreement (DPA)
If you are using Intelichat as a customer and have agreed to our Terms and Conditions, we expect that we can soon offer the option for you to request to sign an additional DPA.
Right of access
An Intelichat customer can request access to their user's data by sending an email to email@example.com. The email must be sent from the same email used in the account creation.
Right of erasure
An Intelichat customer can request complete deletion of their user's data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must be sent from the same email used in the account creation.
Right to opt-out of marketing communications
The right to opt-out of marketing communications is supported by a feature available in the chatbots, with the “Manage subscriptions” menu. This request is fulfilled by Intelichat when an end-user requests to be opted-out. If you don`t want to receive marketing communications as a customer, request it by sending an email to email@example.com. The email must be sent from the same email used in the account creation.
Each of our sub-processors have is expected to have a DPA to ensure GDPR compliance, when that is possible.
- AWS - The majority of user data is hosted and stored on AWS. Detailed information about AWS security is available at:
- Facebook – Messenger chatbots are based on Facebooks` platform. Please refer to the Facebook`s GDPR portal.
- Wit.ai - Some built-in triggers and/or components may use a natural language classification running on Wit.ai, depending on customer`s configuration of the chatbots.
For all integrations, including analytics integrations, messaging channel integrations and customer service integrations, we recommend Intelichat customers get a separate DPA between your company and the integration's company.
- October 26, 2018 - First version published